Skip to main content

Limited Edition: Guerlain Crazy Terracotta


Please forgive the lateness of this post! 
I have now seen this blush/bronzer appear on a multitude of blogs over the last few weeks! 

First of all I would like to applause Guerlain for once again delivering such luxurious packaging! It has that sofisticated "old" feel, worthy of an old Hollywood movie star! However when you open the compact you are presented with the product that is somewhat the complete opposite to the outside packaging concluding the name "Crazy Terracotta". 




The powder itself is a mosaic of warm shimmery browns and there is also a pop of colour with some light peach and bright pink. 



I prefer to swirl my brush in the powder picking up every shade and applying a strong wash of colour to my cheeks - whatever I have left on the brush I like to sweep across the high points of my face to give a healthy glow (even in the winter). It distributes just the right amount of "glow" so you don't look too shimmery or shiny. 

Lastly I just want to touch on the scent... the powder to me is very perfumed and may be off putting for some people and people with sensitive skin should be awear! Luckily I don't mind the smell and I love the finish of the powder & how it looks on the skin! 

Have you tried anything from the new Guerlain Crazy Paris collection?

Ta'ra x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skincare Picks: Cleansers

In my 'foundations I regret buying' post I mentioned a really bad breakout that I experienced at the start of this year that only got worse after switching up my skincare and using Clinique anti-blemish solutions (please note that I am not saying that the Clinique products are terrible products, they simply didn't work for me, I know people that it worked wonders for).  My skin is very oily on my t-zone especially on my nose but I have dry cheeks and the area around my lips, it is very sensitive and gets irritated very easily and I still suffer from mild breakouts.  The breakouts I suffered from got so bad that my full face was in pain so I was prescribed medication to help clear my skin and I have since found products that work for me and don't cause further breakouts or irritation.  I use the following products on rotation: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I use this most days morning & night because it is quick and easy to use; you apply this to a dry face and rub ...

Dior Haul... & other purchases

ad·dic·tion    Noun The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity. I cant be helped or I don't want to be helped?! So today I picked up more that I set out to buy but once I spotted the new Dior creme blushes I just had to... I picked up two colours; Capri (light pink) & Panama (coral)  I also picked up my favourite cleanser & setting powder; T'raaa x  

Beach hair: Bumble and bumble

The tousled/bed-head look never gets old and now that summer is just around the corner I have gathered together my favourite Bumble and bumble products that I use to achieve the perfect tousled look. Bb thickening - This is a hairspray that you spray onto damp hair. I spray this onto towel-dried hair, brush through then blast my hair dry tipping my head upside down and brushing my finger through as I do so. This leaves my hair feeling thicker and fuller at the roots giving my flat hair a much needed lift! I love this thickening spray because it doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy or full of product, once its dry it is practically undetectable! Bumble South Surf spray - This is the next product I use and I spray this onto dry hair and I use both hands to scrunch my hair to create that messy beach hair. I will often switch this up with the thickening hairspray, using this in towel-dried hair and the hairspray in dry hair although you can feel this product when your hair is dri...