Skip to main content

Double up: Chantecaille & Laura Mercier



Summer is here and it's time to shop my makeup stash...
Although I have oily and acne prone skin I hate a heavy or overly matte foundation in the summer because lets face it having a trowel load of makeup sweat off your face is not attractive. I like to keep the face makeup minimal and light so I can focus more on the eyes with some winged eyeliner or with a bold statement lip.
To achieve this I have been wearing a tinted moisturiser... well two tinted moisturisers; the Chantecaille Just Skin Anti Smog Tinted Moisturiser in the shade Bliss and the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser in the colour Bisque. When I wear these alone I just cant seem to make them work the Chantecaille Just Skin is too pale in colour with peach undertones and a little thick in consistency for a tinted moisturiser although great if you need extra coverage and the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser is too dark for my skin. I mixed them to get my perfect shade (half a pea size of both) then applied with my fingers because who really needs any fuss in the morning? and together they created a light and dewy finish. The finish was glowing but not shiny and my blemishes still peaked through but it was nothing a concealer wouldn't sort.

I'm so pleased I managed to get the Chantecaille Just Skin to work for me and now I can start to get over the *deep breath* £58 price tag.

You can buy both products from SpaceNK.com

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#HighlightonFLEEK: Champagne Pop, Jaclyn Hill for Becca Cosmetics

The Becca and Jaclyn Hill collaboration has been the highlight of the year (pun intended) for the youtube and beauty world. Becca are known for their highlighters so it was a fitting match that the queen of highlight herself created her perfect shade that we can all enjoy too.  Unfortunately it's not widely available and is exclusive to Sephora... thank the makeup gods that Sephora now ship to the UK! The downside is anyone who doesn't live near a store will not have the luxury of trying before you splurge and you can only rely on swatches from google. For me this shade is not suitable for very fair skin tones although you fair ladies will be able to use this a a glowy bronzer to warm up the face.  The colour is a very warm peach with a gold champagne (duh) undertone. It feels very creamy and smooth in texture and this translates onto the skin as it just glides onto your cheekbones with one swipe! If you are on the fairer side you may want to go in with a light ...

FOTD: Pretty in pink

So today's face of the day was completed using the following products: BASE: Laura Mercier silk crème foundation (cream ivory) & Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (fair 1). To set I used Rimmel Stay Matte (001 transparent)  CHEEKS: Benefit Hoola Bronzer & M.A.C Dame blush HIGHLIGHT: Topshop All Over Glow  EYES: Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (through socket) M.A.C Wedge eyeshadow (to blend) & Vanilla (on lid & brown bone) Maybelline Master Precise liquid eyeliner (lash line) M.A.C Fascinating eye kohl (water line) Maybelline the falsies volume express-black drama.  LIPS: M.A.C Please Me & Russian Red (blended together)    

Summer to Fall lips: Restless, Kendall Jenner for Estee Lauder

I love Estée Lauder makeup and Double Wear is my holy grail foundation so when Kendall Jenner became the face of the company and dropped this lipstick I was straight online to place my order!  If I'm not wearing nude lipstick I'm usually sporting orange/red and my favourite is M.A.C Lady Danger and when Restless arrived in the post it instantly reminded me of the old favourite but to my amazement Restless is far better due to better formulation. It is a matte formulation but it is very creamy making it easy to apply and non drying.  The colour is an orange red; if I'm at my palest this looks very orange against my skin tone which I enjoy but when I'm tanned it shows as a little more red so keep this in mind when purchasing what it could look like on your lips.  Estée Lauder have really upped their game this year and I'm excited to see what else they have in mind... Restless is still available online exclusive to  Estée Lauder .