Skip to main content

FOTD: Chanel Vitalumière Aqua & Winged Eyeliner



My skin is: 
A. Very Oily (t-zone)
B. Acne prone with scaring
C. Sensitive
...not a great combination! 

Now the lighting in the before picture was very kind and my skin doesn't look too bad?! 

Although I do suffer from mild acne and sometimes have outbursts of bad breakouts, I don't like heavy coverage or to feel caked in foundation and concealer to cover my imperfections instead I like to let my skin breathe and to achieve this I use Chanel Vitalumière Aqua. 



It has a thick consistency but does not feel heavy on the skin and it blends out easily. To apply I like to use my fingers and blend out using a patting motion instead of a swiping motion so I can pat on some extra foundation on my more problamic areas around my forehead and chin. 
The lasting power on my oily skin isn't great on my oily areas and I need to blot a couple of time and around mid day I need to apply a little more foundation on my nose as it tends to separate and I can look a little 'patchy' but I love the finish of this foundation so much that this doesn't bother me. 

I love this foundation and I love the finish. I always get compliments on how smooth my skin looks when Inwear it and I would recommend it to everyone. Although it's pricey I do think that it is worth it as a little can go a long way, people always say that its far too expensive for a tiny bottle however the bottle is conceiving as it contains 30ml and this is what most foundations contain but they have larger bottles making it look like they hold more. I like this packaging better as I feel like I'm paying for the product and not the packaging! 

I hope you found this post helpful!
T'raaa x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#HighlightonFLEEK: Champagne Pop, Jaclyn Hill for Becca Cosmetics

The Becca and Jaclyn Hill collaboration has been the highlight of the year (pun intended) for the youtube and beauty world. Becca are known for their highlighters so it was a fitting match that the queen of highlight herself created her perfect shade that we can all enjoy too.  Unfortunately it's not widely available and is exclusive to Sephora... thank the makeup gods that Sephora now ship to the UK! The downside is anyone who doesn't live near a store will not have the luxury of trying before you splurge and you can only rely on swatches from google. For me this shade is not suitable for very fair skin tones although you fair ladies will be able to use this a a glowy bronzer to warm up the face.  The colour is a very warm peach with a gold champagne (duh) undertone. It feels very creamy and smooth in texture and this translates onto the skin as it just glides onto your cheekbones with one swipe! If you are on the fairer side you may want to go in with a light h

Dior Haul... & other purchases

ad·dic·tion    Noun The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity. I cant be helped or I don't want to be helped?! So today I picked up more that I set out to buy but once I spotted the new Dior creme blushes I just had to... I picked up two colours; Capri (light pink) & Panama (coral)  I also picked up my favourite cleanser & setting powder; T'raaa x  

Skincare Picks: Cleansers

In my 'foundations I regret buying' post I mentioned a really bad breakout that I experienced at the start of this year that only got worse after switching up my skincare and using Clinique anti-blemish solutions (please note that I am not saying that the Clinique products are terrible products, they simply didn't work for me, I know people that it worked wonders for).  My skin is very oily on my t-zone especially on my nose but I have dry cheeks and the area around my lips, it is very sensitive and gets irritated very easily and I still suffer from mild breakouts.  The breakouts I suffered from got so bad that my full face was in pain so I was prescribed medication to help clear my skin and I have since found products that work for me and don't cause further breakouts or irritation.  I use the following products on rotation: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I use this most days morning & night because it is quick and easy to use; you apply this to a dry face and rub