Skip to main content

Scent-sational: Tom Ford Santal Blush



The first time I heard about this perfume was while watching amodelrecomends perfume collection on youtube, I have purchased perfumes that Ruth has reviewed before and I have absolutely loved them, so when this perfume was mentioned I new I had to try it... then I noticed the cost!

I visited Harvey Nichols on a trip to Edinburgh last year and the first counter I spotted when walking through the doors was of course the Tom Ford counter, I walked over and spritzed a little onto the card and instantly fell in love but I couldn't justify the cost so instead I bought Agent Provocateur (another from Ruth's collection - but the summer edition). A year later on another trip, I bit the bullet, took the plunge and splurged out £135 for the 50ml. 

I received some sighs and shocked faces from family members but then I let them smell it and a few could then justify the cost. 

Now I am not great at describing scents so I have included what Harvey Nichols had to say on their website. All I can say is that it is sophisticated, womanly, very sexy and most definitely a nighttime scent, whenever I wear this I always get compliments or asked what perfume I'm wearing. It is very strong and one spray too many could be overpowering and sickly with this fragrance a little goes a long way, so although it's pricey I can't see it being used up quickly!


Harvey Nichols description:
Tom Ford's Santal Blush is a mesmerising, spicy wood oriental. A textured fusion of creamy sandalwood and exotic eastern spices is enhanced with intoxicating florals and sumptuous woods to create soft, naked glamour with a mysterious spirit of modern earthiness. Its nude juice and blush colored packaging are as sensual as a beautifully contoured nude face.

I bought this in April for £135 but it is now online for £140. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, thank you for reading. 

T'raaa x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#HighlightonFLEEK: Champagne Pop, Jaclyn Hill for Becca Cosmetics

The Becca and Jaclyn Hill collaboration has been the highlight of the year (pun intended) for the youtube and beauty world. Becca are known for their highlighters so it was a fitting match that the queen of highlight herself created her perfect shade that we can all enjoy too.  Unfortunately it's not widely available and is exclusive to Sephora... thank the makeup gods that Sephora now ship to the UK! The downside is anyone who doesn't live near a store will not have the luxury of trying before you splurge and you can only rely on swatches from google. For me this shade is not suitable for very fair skin tones although you fair ladies will be able to use this a a glowy bronzer to warm up the face.  The colour is a very warm peach with a gold champagne (duh) undertone. It feels very creamy and smooth in texture and this translates onto the skin as it just glides onto your cheekbones with one swipe! If you are on the fairer side you may want to go in with a light h

Dior Haul... & other purchases

ad·dic·tion    Noun The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity. I cant be helped or I don't want to be helped?! So today I picked up more that I set out to buy but once I spotted the new Dior creme blushes I just had to... I picked up two colours; Capri (light pink) & Panama (coral)  I also picked up my favourite cleanser & setting powder; T'raaa x  

Skincare Picks: Cleansers

In my 'foundations I regret buying' post I mentioned a really bad breakout that I experienced at the start of this year that only got worse after switching up my skincare and using Clinique anti-blemish solutions (please note that I am not saying that the Clinique products are terrible products, they simply didn't work for me, I know people that it worked wonders for).  My skin is very oily on my t-zone especially on my nose but I have dry cheeks and the area around my lips, it is very sensitive and gets irritated very easily and I still suffer from mild breakouts.  The breakouts I suffered from got so bad that my full face was in pain so I was prescribed medication to help clear my skin and I have since found products that work for me and don't cause further breakouts or irritation.  I use the following products on rotation: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I use this most days morning & night because it is quick and easy to use; you apply this to a dry face and rub