Skip to main content

A summer scent: Diptyque Philosykos




Aside from the smell of the seaside, hotdogs and melted sticky ice-cream nothing smells more like summer than this little beauty!

After seeing this appear on almost every blog and in tons of magazines I finally caved! The first blog I spotted this on is my favourite and I knew I had to have it because I have been so pleased with my perfume purchases that She has reviewed before, think Eccentric Molecules 01 & Tom Ford Santal Blush.

This is a fig-y fragrance, if you love fig notes in your perfume then you'll love this. I was disappointed  to begin with... The only way I can describe the smell is very "earthy" with a splash of coconut and in the middle of December it didn't exactly fit, I just found the leafy smell a little to overwhelming. However in May it just works perfectly (even when i's a dull rainy day in May).

As silly as it sounds this perfume lifts your spirits on a dull summers day because every so often you catch a breeze of summer in Paris.

As I said before, I don't think this works in the winter months but thanks to another of my favourite blogs I spotted the wonderful idea of mixing this with Eccentric Molecules 01. Doing this brings out the more muskier notes that just sit perfectly on the skin on colder days.

Diptyque's description:
In the heat of a Greek summer, “to get to the sea,” recalls Yves, “you had to walk through a natural orchard of wild fig trees.” Returning from Paris, Desmond brought back a few leaves of these trees in a little box. Years later, the leaves had lost none of their fragrance. Philosykos, which in Greek means “friend of the fig tree,” is an ode to the entire tree: the green, pungent freshness of the leaves, the wood warmed in the sun, the milky flavor of the fruit. 

You can pick this up at any Diptyque store or counter. I got mine from SpaceNK

Whats your thoughts on this fragrance? Whats your favourite sent this summer? 


Beyond Wonderland





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#HighlightonFLEEK: Champagne Pop, Jaclyn Hill for Becca Cosmetics

The Becca and Jaclyn Hill collaboration has been the highlight of the year (pun intended) for the youtube and beauty world. Becca are known for their highlighters so it was a fitting match that the queen of highlight herself created her perfect shade that we can all enjoy too.  Unfortunately it's not widely available and is exclusive to Sephora... thank the makeup gods that Sephora now ship to the UK! The downside is anyone who doesn't live near a store will not have the luxury of trying before you splurge and you can only rely on swatches from google. For me this shade is not suitable for very fair skin tones although you fair ladies will be able to use this a a glowy bronzer to warm up the face.  The colour is a very warm peach with a gold champagne (duh) undertone. It feels very creamy and smooth in texture and this translates onto the skin as it just glides onto your cheekbones with one swipe! If you are on the fairer side you may want to go in with a light h

Dior Haul... & other purchases

ad·dic·tion    Noun The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity. I cant be helped or I don't want to be helped?! So today I picked up more that I set out to buy but once I spotted the new Dior creme blushes I just had to... I picked up two colours; Capri (light pink) & Panama (coral)  I also picked up my favourite cleanser & setting powder; T'raaa x  

Skincare Picks: Cleansers

In my 'foundations I regret buying' post I mentioned a really bad breakout that I experienced at the start of this year that only got worse after switching up my skincare and using Clinique anti-blemish solutions (please note that I am not saying that the Clinique products are terrible products, they simply didn't work for me, I know people that it worked wonders for).  My skin is very oily on my t-zone especially on my nose but I have dry cheeks and the area around my lips, it is very sensitive and gets irritated very easily and I still suffer from mild breakouts.  The breakouts I suffered from got so bad that my full face was in pain so I was prescribed medication to help clear my skin and I have since found products that work for me and don't cause further breakouts or irritation.  I use the following products on rotation: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I use this most days morning & night because it is quick and easy to use; you apply this to a dry face and rub